Tuesday, July 17, 2007

hotel rwanda


we were traveling from the uganda/rwanda border to kigali (the capital of rwanda) via mini bus when i asked the girl beside me for advice about the hotel we were planning to stay at. the girl said she didn’t know about the hotel, but would be able to put us up with her family! we had an amazing night talking, cooking, and laughing with hariette (the girl) and her family of 12. they gave up a bedroom for us and showed us amazing hospitality. we felt especially privileged as harriette shared some of her story with us.
thank you harriette!

2 comments:

Tom (Youth Leader Emeritus) said...

That is just so awesome!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey, you. This is Harriet (the girl). We met at the boarder of Uganda and Rwanda, you spent a night at home and in the morning we went to the internet cafe and you taught me how to have my own blog! I now have my own blog of poetry....What's up now? let me hope u get back in touch and we chat.